Thursday, September 02, 2004

Martin Torrijos presidential inauguration

Yesterday was Martin Torrijos inauguration as the new president for Panama. Even Mr. Colin Powell came. So I guess we are going to be OK with the gringos again. Thank God.

Meanwhile, and since it was considered a holiday, I took the afternoon to ride with my friend and business associated Eduardo.

At first, I thought it was a suicidal idea. I mean, riding in Panama at 2:00pm is way to hot. But since he was so enthusiastic with the idea, I let it go. I just prepared myself and packed 4 liters of water plus some Gatorade.

We stop by Carolina’s apartment, a friend’s of Eduardo. Packed her and her bike in my car. I wanted to take two vehicles, but she was comfortable with the idea of going in the back with the bikes.
This kind of surprised me. I don’t think I have ever met other girls willing to travel like that.

Any ways, we arrived to the Causeway and contrary to my expectations, it was almost empty. We unpacked the bikes, and I warned Carolina this is not one of your triathlon races, take it easy, we are amateurs, ok?

Lucky for all of us, we had a fantastic afternoon. The day was bright, a bit cloudy and with a fresh breeze. It felt a lot better than many 5o clock afternoons.

It was a nice afternoon. And I am looking forward to repeat it.

Life is good.

2 comments:

giacmc said...

I keep meaning to comment on how refreshing I find your blog site, both fotos and text, a different, water rich world (I am landlocked). Found your site originally through comment in artist-e.blogspot.com.

Roman said...

Thanks Giac.