Sunday, September 26, 2004

Life as usual.

I had a flu. It was an unusual event. Not only because I really do not get sick often, but because it lasted a week.

I am not sure if it happened due to sleep deprivation, or the weather, or both. That week was hard; I noticed how much I am addicted to exercise. But finally I got over it, and continued life as usual.

So I went yesterday to ride my bike, for fun, at the Causeway. I spent 3 hours there, either riding, relaxing or taking pictures.
And then, as usual, I got hungry and had to go.

Athens seemed like a god place, as it allows me to eat outside the range of the powerful air conditioner units. I had the usual, a veggie pizza, and added an orange juice (that was real orange juice).

On my way out, I ran into Carolina, this is the second time I ran into her this week, odd. On the plus side, I am glad I am over that silly crush...

And now, some pictures :P


This is the "Puente de las Américas", from here is where Felix Baumgartner just jumped on September 15, I believe.
This is a 330-foot bridge that connects North and South America. Posted by Hello


I stopped to sit on a bench, relax and see the sunset. Posted by Hello


The sunset again, from the other side of the street.
Posted by Hello



And again?
Posted by Hello


This is a monument in the memories of the general Omar Torrijos Herrera. He died under suspicious circumstances (when a plane blew up in the sky). This is a thumb, and has some bronze soldiers guarding it. His son is has just been elected president, so most likely this monument will be beautified with lights soon.
Posted by Hello


Guess where? Still at Causeway.
Posted by Hello


At the very end of the Causeway, at the Flamenco Island, there is a Marina. And there are a few boats on land.
Posted by Hello


And last, this is the restaurant where I had dinner.
Posted by Hello

And now, a bunch of pictures from Cerro Azul, just before I got the flu.
They where shot on the weekend of the 18 and 19 of September. Some of them, quite early in the morning.


















No comments: