Thursday, September 09, 2004

The sun will rise after the storm.

It was raining last night, all night. Apparently there is a hurricane over Cuba, and since we are close we get some side effects.
Anyway, I love when it rains all night. It is when I sleep the best.
At 7:25am, I just opened my eyes, don’t know why, the alarm was not setup.
But I felt good, and jumped out of the bed, and decided to take a ride.

I had a light breakfast, packed the bike, and started the drive to the Causeway.
I had doubts on the way, it was still raining briefly, and traffic was terrible.

But as I kept going pass the business areas, traffic decreased. After Chorrillo, there was no traffic.
I had the windows down, and I felt cold. The dashboard thermometer indicated outside temperature to be 23C. It could have been less, as the sensor is somewhere on the air intake of the engine. It is supposedly to be important on diesel engines, but I am not doing Paris Dakar.

Well, I arrived and rode for a while. Today the wind was very strong and reversed. It usually helps you as you ride in, and goes against you as you ride out. But today was the opposite. Probably another storm side effect. The sky was cloudy and dark, but almost no rain. On the other hand I could barely see the city. The buildings had disappeared behind a grey cloud. I guess it was raining big time.
This is a picture I took, at 8:35am, it shows a nice grey cloud over my head.


But where I was, it was peaceful, and almost empty. I had the opportunity to race my bike. I reached the 40km/h for about a minute or two. The wind was on my back, helping me out.

As I was stretching, the sun came out. Warm and bright. The wet grass reflected the sun in a vibrant green color. The thought of saying there for another hour crossed my mind. But the light breakfast I had in the morning would not allow me to.

I finished my stretch and left. Happy. I am glad I went.


PD: The camera batteries died so no pictures of the sunny day.

2 comments:

Jason said...

intense!

love,
jason mulgrew
internet quasi-celebrity

giacmc said...

I zoom up this foto and view full screen, it's just amazingly beautiful.