Monday, September 27, 2004

An impulsive drive to jog

After last post, I had dinner, removed the clothes from the laundry area, washed the dishes, brushed my teeth and I was heading for the bed (it was 10:10pm),I noticed that my knee was not hurting any more, and “thought” of going out to jog a little bit. Five minutes later, I was all dress up for running, in my car, driving to the Causeway (where I love going for running). At 10:40pm, I had arrived, and was setting up the heart monitor.

The Causeway was empty, just as I like it. Today I was trying up an adidas ClimaCool sweeter I just bought this afternoon. I know I will not want to run with regular cotton sweeter any more. I still sweated, but that fabric made the sweat evaporate or something. It really kept cool. Or maybe it was a combination of a nice breeze plus a psychological effect.

It is great to jog, when time is not important. When you know, you do not have anything else to do, and it does not matter how long it takes what you are doing at the moment. It takes all the pressure off, and let’s you just enjoy the ride… So I took it easy, I was above my programmed max rate (158bpm) for only two minutes, and that was at the end, when I was finishing.

As I was stretching, I noticed how quiet the place was (I mean, it was almost midnight, everybody was gone). I love those feelings of peace and quiet that I get after a late night exercise. I finished my half an hour stretch and headed home. As I was driving, a small rain started up, and became quite strong right after I got thru my home door. It made me feel so lucky. I mean, I was out, on a totally impulsive drive to jog, and it just started to rain when I came back home? I am not a religious man, but sometimes I just feel so lucky.

It is still raining a little bit. I’ll take a shower now, and head for the bed. I sleep so well when it is raining. Not only because the environment is very fresh, but because of the psychological effects of having the rain outside, but feeling secure inside home.

Is life good or what?

No comments: