Monday, September 13, 2004

A true friend.

We read and hear everywhere how friends are supposed to be, honest with us. But we ever hardly want that.
Usually, when we have issues, we look for comfort, rather than the true.

I have this friend I met about a year ago. She looks good, but at first instance I disliked her. Her personality was too difficult to digest. Later in time, I got to know her better, and some quite different feelings arisen. I would like to excuse my behavior with the rush of hormones traveling thru my veins, but I know my brain was in control all the time. Things I said came from my brain (some would name this my heart). After I expressed how I felt, the friendship was compromised. We got distant, we still are.

Something I did noticed when we were closer *friends*, she would give me advices that would hurt me. At first I used to think she was rude and touch less. But later I figured out it was me. Sometimes we are so used to our ways, that we resist change. Is not that we can’t see it, actually is more like we do NOT want to see them. But they are very clear to others. And my friend had the ability to pinpoint them.

Today, after about a year of little communication, I still call her once in a while, to talk about my issues. And it still crushes my ego when I do so, and I have to resist giving excuses of why I am like that. But after a while, the idea settles down, and becomes clear. And then I wonder how I didn’t see this before.

Thank you Lina, for being a true friend.

No comments: