Monday, January 02, 2006

Old friends.

A couple of weeks ago, I was chatting on the messenger with Agustin.
He is one of my childhood friends, and even thought he now lives in the USA, our 20 years+ of childhood let us keep a strong link.

Anyways, we were talking about him comming to Panama for xmas. Specifically the 24 at 10pm [what a xmas gift].

Even tought I was entusiastic about the idea, I would not say I was euforic. I guess the Internet contact does serves me well.

On the ohter hand, there is my other childhod friend, Jorge.
He took of on a diferent route in life, and now he lives in Tenerife, Spain. (well actually he lives on many places of Spain, it all depends of what he is studing at the moment).
Jorge is not really a messenger fan (neither I am a fan of whatever other IM technologies he may use).
So we keep a quite sporadic comunication.

It was december 14 the last time I chated with him (and the only time in the whole month of December). It was a brief conversation, and he did not told me what he was “cooking”.

The day passed, I either did not see hem online, or was busy taking care of my own life...

The 18, as I was driving back from a trip (see previous post), when I get a call on my cell phone.
Jorge is in Panama. Gezz, I have not had an accident in 10 years, but the emotions from the news, almost get me into one (see guys, do not talk on the cell phone while driving).


As for Agustin, he arrived the expected night, the 24. The plane did delayed an hour, so he made it home by just about x-mas.

This is us, all three together again (at Agustin's house).
[From left to right, me, Jorge and Agustin]



December 30, we were hanging around...and ended up for lunch at the Crepes and Waffles at the Multi Plaza Pacific
Jorge is the is still the more specialized photographer, he always had an SLR type camera.



[The shot Jorge took.]






Then we went to visit my sister. This is the lobby.
[I do not know who opened the main door, as I buzzed a bunch of buttons]












Shayna who is not visible on any of the pictures that I took, also came to Panama.
She was kind of cool, she invited us (Agustin and I) to the movies.

No comments: