Saturday, December 31, 2005

Tour guy.

I was out with my friend Agustin. We ended up having lunch at Fridays at the Causeway.

When leaving, I thought I saw someone familiar.
I was just going to ignore him, what I usually do when I do not remember their names.
But I do not know why, I went ahead and said “Do I know you?”

He said, Yea! I am James, from Campana, remember?

Quick chat, I gave him my cellphone number and left.

So next day I was verifying the rafting adventure I have been dreaming about for three weeks. And when I call the airline, I find out they are suddenly out of space. My reservation is gone.

All frustrated I heard the phone ring, but I decided not to pick it up.
I just do not feel like talking.

After a while, I have digested my frustration, and I check the voice mail. It is a message from James. “Roman I need a favor, please call me”.

I was like dam! What is wrong with this guy! I have not seen him in months and now just calls for favors? I was definitely not in the mood to call. But then again, something strange withing myself made me call back.

So we speak, and he asks me 3 questions. 1) Do you speak English? (ejem, he does this in English). 2) Are you ok talking with people? 3)

No comments: