Sunday, March 11, 2007

The ONE POUND Ginger Snaps.


It is about 9:20, and I decide to go out shopping to the supermarket. I pick El Rey on Calle 50, cause it is continently close to where I live (uhum, now you have an idea where I live).

Anyways, I quickly transverse tru the corridors of products, taking from the shells whatever I need. I am not into looking at new products tonight.

In less than 10 minutes, my shopping is done, I have everything I went for, everything but two products; My favorite cookies, the Lil' Dutch Maid Ginger Snaps ones. They do not bring too many of these. I guess not so many buyers like them, sometimes I even think I am the only one who buy them.

And a MasMovil $10.00 card (yes, I am a proud user of the pre paid network).

So I am back at home, writing on my white board the *things* that I am going to do tomorrow(yes dad, that includes looking out for your new computer), when I realize, I really have a craving for my ginger cookies.

I lightly decide that I am going to El Rey at Albrook to get them. As I drive there, I notice how I am enjoying the ride.I realize that I could have picked up the one at Via EspaƱa, but the Avenida Balboa at night is much prettier.

So I make it to El Rey, and they have four packs of my favorite cookies, but I only want one.At the cahier, I ask for the MasMovil card, and no she does not have a $10.00 one, only a bunch of $5.00 ones (thouse are useless to me, I want to a 30 days card).

I pay my cookies ($1.59) and approach the other cashiers on adjacent lines to ask "do any of you have $10.00 MasMovil cards?" they all say no, but then one of them says, *let me find one for you*. She closes the line, logs out of the cash register, and goes upstairs.

After a while, I do not know, a couple of minutes, she comes back with a stack of $10.00 MasMovil cards. Re-opens the cash line and ask *How many do you want?*.

So I got back on the road, but not after thanking her for a great service.

And I wonder, if it is just that I am a lucky guy?

Or maybe I am so handsome, and the cashiers just can not resist to serve me.

Yea I like that.

I do not know, but in any case, I think the results are great.

I also think is great to have the freedom to be able to do as I wish.

I like living here in Panama.

-Roman.

PD: Yes, I am eating ginger cookies as I write this post.

No comments: