Friday, March 16, 2007

Taking off.

Friday the 16.

Today is the day, it is flight day.

Yet, as much as I would have liked to just relax and wait for *the time*, I was faced with a few *inportant* office situations. Fortunaly for me, I was able to resolv them using the phone, and VPNing into the office (yea, one of thouse times where technology actually works to solve problems).

By 10am, I went into looking for a portable computer. A new one to take on this flight. Yes, I am leaving tonight, so why not, the very best time to go and aquire a new notebook is today.

With that out of the way, and after I finished creating the HP restore DVDs (yea HP is skiming on the costs by not providing the in instalation CDs, but by rather forcing the user to burn them on first boot).

It was time for a nap, and even with all the anxiety I had, I was able to sleep three quarters of an hour. Oviosly I stetted up two alarm clocks.

The internal clock must have kicked in, cause I woke up four minutes before any of the alarm clocks went off.

A quick energizing (fattening?) lunch at McDonalds, and it is time to go out to buy some shoes. Yes, at 5:30pm I am driving to MultiPlaza to get me the shoes I intent to use while out of the country (I have to admit, I kind of liked the rush feeling).

I could not find any shoes I like (ejem, actually I could not find any shoes MY SIZE, I guess there is not a high demand for size 14). But nevertheless the visit to the mall was fun, there was a Models Pasarela fashion show off, and it was kind of cool to chill out there for a while.

Back at home, by 6:20, I decide that I really want to take the shirt that I am wearing, but it is to sweated for traveling now (I mean, there are 14 hours of flight, I think I prefer to start them with a clean shirt). So in a snap I decide to do laundry. This is a tight desision, as the driver is scheduled to come pick me up at 7:10pm.

Usually when I am just hanging around, the short cycle really seems short, however I found it quite longer today. By 6:55pm, I was pulling the shirt out of the washing machine.

I found a strange relaxation moment as I was ironing (to dry) my shirt.
I was actually sort of a sense of confidence, a feeling that events will go fine.

Thhe neck area was quite tricky to get dry, but as for the rest, this has to be the best ironed shirt I ever had.

Once at the airport, time seemed to slow down again.

No comments: