Wednesday, March 21, 2007

20070321_2

Until today, I have been *hanging out* with my parents everywhere we went.
Sometimes I would *hint* them on the direction, as I am the one with the hand-held gps, however they are the ones that have been making the decisions of where are we going, when and to do what.

Today, when we went to the congress there was a clear sky. So I felt the need to split from them, and get out.

So I went geocaching. I had a few caches on my GPS already, and I had a geoicon and a travel bug that I wanted to drop somewhere.

Getting out on my own was exciting. On one side is way more difficult to communicate, as my mom is the one who speaks German (asking for lunch on a restaurant on a non-turistic area was a real challenge). On the other hand, reading the German signs, the metro maps, even using a dictionary to translate a few words at the restaurant was so much fun. It gives a great sensation of confidence.

Later on, at night, my parents where invited to a fancy restaurant. My parents have been here in Koln four times and my mom actually speak fluent German, yet, I was the guide guy to get there. [I use a Garmin GPS map60cx and a tinny compass].

After doping them, I thought about taking a train, any train and go until the end of the line, see where would that take me. Well, I didn not made it to the end of the line, I stopped a few stops earlier. On a lonely residential area, went across the street, and took the same ride back. That was creepy.

No comments: