Sunday, November 20, 2005

Home sweet home.

My camping history started with a $20.00 tent that broke on the first use, even before I got in.
That night I slept in my car (not very comfortable).

I kept using that broken tent (patched it), or borrowed one when I could.

Then I got myself a tunnel design tent. This one is extremely strong, I have seen it withstand wind and survive without a scratch, where others (more expensive ones) broke.

But it is hot as hell, it is like a portable sauna (no wonder I am so skinny).
Additionally it requires to be spiked on to the ground over 22 points, otherwise it will not stand up at all. This represents an issue when camping on sand soft terrain.

 



So, I went out for early x-mas...

Today I went with the classy one (expensive one).Columbia McKenzie Pass Tent

I guess I was tired of the feeling of having crappy tents.
Maybe marketing is getting to me, or maybe I am starting to become pickier about my life standards.


Anyways, here is my big new home.
[And yes, tonight I am surfing and writing this blog from withing it]
[And yes, I feel like a kid again]


 

No comments: