Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The blanket.

There I was, sitting at the balcony.
The sky is covered by think clouds, that cover all the stars and planets, letting only pass a blur of the moon.

There is a chilling breeze just a little bit to cold for me. So I go in the house looking for a blanket.
I have no blankets, so I improvise with a big and tick towel.

Ahhh, warm again.
But then I realize there is a strange additional comfort here.

There is feeling of being protected, just ba wrapping myself with a towel.

Studently I feel like a kid again, and even make myself a small house, by covering my head and leaving me inside with my headlamp and my notebook.

I feel amazed that such a silly act as wrapping myself, and transport me to my childhood.

Then other ideas bump into my head. I visualize images of people being rescued from fires or other catastrophes, and they are always being covered with a blanket. That never made sense to me, until now.


It is nice to find comfort in such a simple act.

No comments: