Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Taking a day off.

Today I took the day off. I wanted to try a little experiment.

Instead of working Monday thru Friday, and taking Saturday and Sunday off, I thought about redistributing the free days. That way, I can rest when I am tired, instead of resting a Sunday, from resting the previous day.

So yesterday night, after I got off the office (around 7:00pm), I came home, visited my parents for a “family dinner” (and also to pickup some presents I had there since Xmas), went to the supermarket and by 11:00pm I was on my way to “Cerro Azul”.

Usually I pack my 80liters backpack (full of stuff), but yesterday I packed light, a small cooler with jam, breath, cheese, chocolate, and a big block of ice. A 2 litters bottle of water (the water over there is potable, but just in case, I always carry my own), a book (yes, one of those little collections of pages with letters all over them)… and other irrelevant small things.

Got there by midnight, and it was cold as usual, around 19 degrees Celsius, but it was not as windy as two weeks ago.

To make the story short, I spent there tha night, and today until the afternoon. At that time, I ran out of water and food, so I packed and left (before I became hungry again).

I liked it. I think I will workout my schedule to be Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and take off the Wednesday (and the Sunday of course). Lucky for me, I get special treatment at the office, so it is possible… Life is good…



I found this flower growing literally off the ground.
And was the only one like that all around.
It really got my attention.


This is me.
Ahhh...relaxing at the hammock.


A Grasshopper I saw on the left side mirror (I think he was looking at me).

No comments: