Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Tommy Guardia

I went to the infamous Tommy Guardia institute.

From the outdoors community, I had never heard anything good about these guys.

They have a work shcedule that goes from 7am to 3pm.

I wen on the 31 of the month, with a pay day and Hallowen holiday, and at 2:51pm.

As I went tru the door, I was greeted. I did not stop for chat, and went straight to the Maps section (there is a big “maps” sign).

There, there was a lady on the computer, another guy at the cashier and a guy hanging around with maps.

I knew what I wanted, I had the Nad27 coordinates with me, yet I did not need them. They had a general map of Panama with a grid of the available maps.

Pointing out what I needed was quick and easy.

As soon as I selected my maps, the guy went and get it for me.
He even tried to locate my coordinates on the map (however I did not had my GPS on MGRS at the moment, so it did not matched the grid).

I was just gona pay for my maps ($8.00 each) and leave, but the guy say, no, let me get you a ruberband to hold them rolled up. He even shacked my hand on the way out.

I do not know about what others have found, but I have the impression of a great service. I felt very well served.

On the way out, the lady near the door, smiled at me and say good by.



After that, I left happy, and went to my dad Office, Dad, dad, check out the maps I got.
Together we found the waypoint I had on my gps unit....

And that was the last time I saw the paper map...


[Tommy Guardia's place]
IMGP2878

[My maps, and the selecting grid]
IMGP2879


[Daddy checking out the maps]
IMGP2881


[The last time I saw them]
IMGP2882

No comments: