Sunday, November 05, 2006

IslaIguana III

Last year as I left, I promised myself I would come again, one more time.

I had been thinking about it, for as much as a month before the date.
This year, I was taking in consideration the moon, so a varied the date a little bit, so I would go on full moon (and technically there should be more fish in the water).

Anyways, I told a couple of my friends what I had in mind, but they did not seemed to thrilled by the idea.

Last minute, I made a call to congratulate Madeleine on her birthday, and as we chit-chated a little bit, she jumped right away into the idea of the trip. I pretty much had no time to finish saying what I was going to do.

I left home with a loaded car, but then again, Madeleine and Mariel do not have “anything” for camping, so I was packing two camping tents, three inflatable mattresses, a big first aid kit an air pump and a lot more stuff that I usually do not carry [at least not all at the same time].

IMGP3202


Oh, I also invited Victor, a friend of Mariel I had meet before, once.
We stop at Subway's Chorrera, for a breakfast.

IMGP3210

Not even 20 minutes into the 5 hours drive, and Mariel was sleeping, what a great co-pilot.

IMGP3212


After a brief stop in Coronado, we continued our journey to Las Tablas.
There we met with Pier, a friend's of Madeleine, who joined us.
IMGP3214

We made it to Las Tablas.
People kept joining, we picked up Josefina somewhere here.
IMGP3219
This year, we assaulted one of the boats in the water, pirate style and boarded it.
Just kidding, a friend of “our captain” gave us a ride to his panga.

IMGP3227


There where funny things wandering around.
IMGP3261


Sunset was pretty, as usual.
Isn't sunset always a pretty thing?
IMGP3250

IMGP3252


So we watched it. This is what I call High Definition.
IMGP3275

Made got all spiritual, or something. Yiaiks.
IMGP3276

IMGP3277

The show included people playing ball on the sand, birds flying high, the sound of waves crashing and rainbow of colors that slowly turned from blue to red.

IMGP3271

The night came. And with that, a massive deploy of crabs.
But even more important, sauces and baked potatoes camping style.
IMGP3302

The next morning, well refreshed from a good sleep (except from the brief interruption at 3am, when the shore water got to the tent door), it is suntan and diving time.

Isn't that a pretty beach?

IMGP3337

IMGP3345

This year I noticed some sea hare creatures. I have never seen a creature like this, somehow it reminded me of Shrek. (And when I came back home, I read more about them, yiaks they have inside skeleton).

IMGP3355

I almost forgot to mention, this year I planted a “cache” on the island.
It is close to this place. GCZ5JH Come and get it.

IMGP3364


And then it was time to leave.
IMGP3432

On the bright side, we stop at El Palmar, to have dinner, and it was quite good. No more sauces, I though.
IMGP3480

The next morning Madeleine had the opportunity to practice her boogie skills.
IMGP3494

And then SAUCES again, NOOOO, I want to go home !!!
IMGP3513

Back at “the city”, Madeleine and Mariel invited me for dinner. I guess they liked the trip.
No, I did not ordered sauces.

IMGP3518

-The End.

No comments: