Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Four days on a panga with Dix Roper.




Sweet adventures opportunities keep pooping up.

This time, Dix Roper, and experienced spearfisher invited me to join one of his trips.

In a nutshell on this trip I saw the dolphins swim next to the boat, and then I joined them in the water.
They where really close to me, I'll say 3 meters.

I swam as fast as I could with my flips, and managed to keep a decent observation distance and see them (four of them) swim in sort of zigzag in front of me. However, apparently dolphins are better swimmers...

On the matter of whales, they are huge (and have such a small eyes).
On a couple of my dives, I actually tough they where under me. Their sing was so clear.
Yet, I raised my head from the water, and saw their splash at least 15 km away.

Driving at 20 nuts with eagle sharp sight on the horizon to detect any chunks of wood (to avoid breaking the boat propeller or to dive around).
Maneuvering the boat, to pickup the divers, sometimes on wild sea conditions.

Working the anchor up, when it got stuck. That is what anchors do, right?

The sight of spectacular islands in the Las Perlas Archipelago.

Resting at the end of a log day, with tha friends, enjoying a meal together.

What an awesome trip.
Is good to be alive.

Tha GPS-Track-log For tha fans.


IMGP1584




Anchor time.Duck





UPDATE: Here is the article written by Dix Roper.

1 comment:

giacmc said...

Wow!