Tuesday, September 19, 2006

1st flu of 2006

It is official, I have a flu.

This is the first flu of the year. Not bad.

But more surprising, is when I think back in time, and I see myself swimming on a lake in Canada, not finding a place to sleep in the Grand Canyon, that night I thought I was going to freeze to death (and I was wearing short pants).
Sleeping barely five hours a day as I was on my road trip tru USA. Probably not eating well enough (I lost over 20 pounds), sleeping on a bench (cold aluminum bench) in the middle of nowhere [hitch hiking] and yet, in all that time, I never got sick.

[Yea this is the trip I never wrote about. ]

So it is obviously not an environmental thing, cause I have been to more extreme situations with no problem.
It is not a food issue, cause I am eating a lot more healthy back in Panama.
It is not a exposure issue, cause in the states, I made over 8k miles on trains, hike, car, buses and planes. I had plenty of opportunities to catch a flu [and in some buses I was riding with the homeless].

So, all I can think of, is that is a psychological flu (way to go Roman, always being out of the box).
And if that is the case, I know exactly why. I know what new business I am starting, that is stealing my calm.

But, we all know who is going to be the winer on this war... the flu will die...

No comments: