Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Version 3.1

I feel so special today.

Twenty two years ago, no wait, thirty one years ago my mom was on Taboga island, and I decided It was my time to go out (yeah I know, what was she doing there with nine months of pregnancy? I do not know, but I am sure that is part of the reason I am how I am).

Anyways, today is my birth date. Usually this date goes quite underground, I may get a few emails from family overseas, and that´s it.

However, today was impressive. I guess mostly because it was unexpected. Or maybe is that good luck aura that is surrounding me lately.

I got congratulations from all kind of people;

-Milton, my SCUBA instructor, someone I bump into like once a year.
-Daniela, an old friend from high school (I used to have such a crush on her).
-Jorge, my old and a bit forgotten friend from Spain.
-Agustin, my other best friend, from USA.
-Carmen Ana, I have not spoke with her, since her sister in law got married (ajem, over a year ago), even thought she works in the building right next to my house.
She and a mysterious admirer, posted happy birthday paper signs on her window, for me to see from my house.
-Madelaine, and old family friend I have not seen in like ten years, and re-meet her recently.
-Alex, a recently meet friend, screamed happy birthday from the parking lot, as he was leaving the neighborhood house.
-Ingrid, the driver (with Alex) send my kisses from withing the car.
-My buddies at work, Eduardo, Melquiades, Rubén, Roberto, Carlos, Mayte, Zergeliaz and Maria came in pairs to hug each side by side.
-The accountant (another lady) called in, and send me an indirect hug with Maria.
-Berta, a girl that used to work with us, and left months ago, called in [I am still unsure how she got my cell] to wish me the best.
-Mis Nidia, the secretary from SCUBA Panama called at work as well.
-I got emails from my cousins Ana and Maria in Spain, also from my uncle Ramon.
-As I got home, I had two messages on my answer machine, Calixta and Maribel wishing me a nice day.

-And to wrap it up, I just got an “automated” preprogrammed email from my mom. She is on a trip overseas, but apparently managed to program her workstation to send me an email today. Geez, even I do not know how to do that!


Well, to all my friends, I want to thank you.


You all really sparked my day.

Thanks again.

-Roman.
PD: If I forgot to mention someone, it was non intentional, all right?

1 comment:

giacmc said...

Buon compleanno!