Sunday, March 13, 2005

Fort San Lorenzo [pictorial, 25 shots]

This is a learn by the pictures entry.
It was a trip with the BOA group (see http://www.boapanama.org/).

This was such a great trip. It is the first outdoors biking trip that I do not fell of my bike, get cut, scratch, sunburn or flat. It was just perfect.


today's trip started early. By 6am, I was at Luis's house, and had his bike on my car.


8:30am. We where waiting at Gatun Locks.


The day was a bit clowdy, but it cleared later.


Check point 1. Sherman base.


Just 3 more Kms to get to the Fort.


10:33am Wueee Fort San Lorenzo!


There was a dark tunnel.


.


Taking a break.


Taking a break.


The view was refreshing. This is the entrance to the Chagres river.


Looking the other direction.


More arch's


Yet, another view.


Time to return.


Shooting and biking, gets you fuzzy pics.
RIO LAJAS BRIDGE
A.D. 1938
DEPT EN CR PC.D


Back at Sherman base, Fernando is trying to pass me by...


Comig back to the "Civilization". The road was long and hot. But still, surronded by all that green...


Still taking pictures, while driving at 22+km/h... then I wonder why I am always falling down, and geting all cut. But hey, I had to shoot at me, I just had to.


Another shot of the river.


Crossing the Gatun locks again.


Here is a demostration of how to hold the bike, to cross tru narrow spaces.


This is the view at door #7, the next one to the left, is #6. It is holding a lot of water and a big ship.


This is a big door, I was thinking, what would happen, if it get's open?


The last picture (and the best).

No comments: