Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Toy...

The last couple of weeks, I have been looking at portable computers.
I had this emotional thing, and I wanted one, a light one that I could take anywhere.

After doing some research, I was convinced to acquire a Toshiba Protégé M200.
The idea of writing directly on the screen seemed appealing.

And just when I was about to break the piggy money box, I came with the idea of building a dummy.

So I took a thin binder witch had the exact dimensions of the equipment I wanted, and placed two 2.5pounds weights inside (took them from the bodybuilder set). Then I sealed the thing with paper and duck tape.

I have been carrying this heavy thing with me all day. Using it as a clipboard to write on top of it, and caring it for it as if it was a really $2k equipment (meaning at the restaurant, I had to take it with me, did not left in the car).

And I have to say, it was a hassle….

By the end of the day, my arm was tired, and my “emotional desire” to get this toy was almost gone.

What is the point of having a “portable” device, if it will stay home, because it is a hassle?
Desktop computers are much cheaper…

This toy is something I just could not reason out of myself (ejem, it was not reason it in the first place), but the dummy is helping.

I think I will give it a try a couple of weeks, let’s see what happens…

No comments: