Sunday, October 16, 2005

Home made candles.

I love fire, but it bothers me that when I blow a candle, it smokes a nasty odor.
I just wish I could put a cap on them and leave the smoke trapped.

So with some candle leftovers and Gerber recipients, I initiated a candle building experiment.

I do not know where to get wick, so I used a birthday tiny candle for it.







Here are the pieces of wax, crushed in.



Now comes the "wick".



Melting time.






The wax got soft first on the outside, making the inner wax to float and wander around.
So the wick is not really in the middle, not even straight (learning experience).



For the following attempts, I am just melting the wax, and letting it cool without a wick.




On the left, grape juice, warm and ready to be drinked. Not really, it is hot melted wax.









Tada!!!



Testing 1 2 3

No comments: