Monday, July 26, 2004

I choose to…

For over 28 years I used to be a very shy and introvert kid/boy/man. I was like that because I had no choice. I regretted living like this, but the fear of talking or facing the world kept me from changing.

At some point during my 28´s, I hade a huge depression, and it shaked my reality. At the moment it felt like the worst thing to happen. But now I see it like the best.It was the only treatment strong enough for me to change the way I was.As soon as I started going out from where I fell, I told myself with great emotion “I WILL NEVER AGAIN LET FEAR STOP ME”. And so I started one by one facing my fears.

So then I became an outgoing person.. I used to go to parties, and dance all night, no mater what, every where. I used to talk to whomever I wanted (I kind of got addicted to the trill). I did rappel (with fear at first) with such enthusiasm, that people will follow me on the risks I took.

But then it striked me. I didn’t really felt better. That guy wasn’t me.

Now I am quiet again. Just as I was before.Except that now it is because I choose to be.

My reality may seem the same, but the psyche behind it makes a world of difference.

I love being who I am because I choose to be, not because I have no choice.

No comments: