Friday, May 05, 2006

Day 23 The Arkansas & Missouri Rail Road

I was lost in town, looking for the post office.

And I am glad I was.

I found this squirl eating nuts un top of a stop sign.





I finally found the US Post Office.






I liked this house, by the trees.


As I passed by the train station, I noticed lots of kids.

So I stopped by...



More kids!


It is 10:55am, it will be a 3 hour ride, so went to Cottage Cafe across the street for a quick lunch.




Boarding up!


I got upgraded to the Parlot wagon (the advantages of being handsome).


[Proof that I was there]


"The house of Screams" wagon...[Therwhere 120 kids]


I had to resist temptation.


The train ride was nice.
I would like to say that I met two wonderful souls.

On one side there was Patty Lentz, she was the hostess on the Van Buren to Winslow train ride, quite a character. It is not common to find someone willing to take a good laught at himself. But on top of that, quite charming and with an excelent sense of humor. I had a great time with her.

O the other side, there was Stacia, one of the train pasangers.
A lady in the late forties, that as was driving to Roseville, saw a sign on the highway promoting the A&M Express, and quickly decided to get out of the high way, and try it out. It is great to see people that preserve their joung spirit all their lifes.

After 3 hours, the 70 mile trip was over (Van Buren to Windslow and backwards).
We all part on our own paths. Patty will probalbly continue to virtual travel, as she meets people from all over the country (or the world) on her train runs.

Stacia, will get her way to Rosewell, and hike the Grand Canion sometime withing the next couple of weekes. Good luck with that Stacia.

And I, whell who knows, stay tuned!

No comments: